Thursday, March 1, 2007

Must Read

I have to pop in here and plug the book I am currently reading.

The title is The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan. It is about the people who stayed on their land through the dust bowl years. Yes, it is about a very hard time and some of the descriptions can break your heart. However, it is sensitively written and even in some of the most difficult passages Egan's penchant for beautiful writing makes you resist setting it aside; it is that good.

I heard him in an interview on NPR's Diane Rehm Show on December 4, 2006 (rebroadcast). This link is for the Windows Media version; there is also a link on the page for a Real Audio version for those who prefer that media player.

EDITED

2 comments:

Mrs_Scotsman said...

I would read that book, but wait I gave it to you! Is it rude to ask to borrow the book that I gave you?

G's Cottage said...

No; as long as I get to finish it first.

Would it sound mean if I asked that Darling GD not autograph it?

Glad you stopped by for a visit.