Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Rainy Day Favorites - a late Top Five

Ducks nap in the rainI missed Problogger's Top 5 Group Writing Project last month (so much to do, so little time). So, anyway, here is what my contribution might have looked like, just a tad bit late.



These are my top 5 ways to spend a rainy afternoon, in no particular order:

1. Take a long afternoon nap.

2. Go to the library without a list of books to get. I heard Anne Lamott in an NPR interview say that her fondest memories were going to the library to see what she would discover just rambling the stacks. It was some of the best advice I ever heard.

3. Read or reread a book from my bookshelf.

4. Watch a warm fuzzy chick-flick either on the big screen or a DVD; each method has its benefits and detractors.

5. Sit on the back porch and watch the ducks; some swim, some snooze (a little damp for my tastes).

What is one of your favorite ways to pass a rainy afternoon?

4 comments:

Scribbit said...

Each of those sounds so lovely. Especially right now, I've not felt like doing much on the computer today. Maybe a movie . . .

sylvia c. said...

I love rainy afternoons.

Books are the best. A magazine is fun, too.

Oh, and I love sitting in sun-rooms when it rains.

It's perfect!

Have a good day!

truly,

Sylvia C.

Poppy Fields said...

Your list sums my rainy day likes up nicely, except number 5. No ducks in my backyard, that would be nice though :)

G's Cottage said...

Hi; and yes a few ducks are very nice but the mob living down the road is not so nice.