Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Seven Random Things (meme)

I was tagged by Sylvia's Insight for the 7 Random Things meme last week. So without further stalling here are approximately 7 Random Things about me:

1. Whenever possible I avoid being random. If you think this is an exaggeration check with my family who think I am resistant to spontaneous action.

2. I can entertain myself for hours. I attribute this to moving frequently as a child and living in rural areas. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

3. I find doing laundry to be boring. It is very repetitive and not give to creativity. It goes from machine to machine to basket where it sits until someone gets the gumption to attack the folding which can be reduced to pick up, shake, fold, stack, repeat. It does justify sitting down to watch TV or a movie.

4. I once impressed youngest son by driving his stick-shift which at the time he could not. Yes, mom rocked that day.

5. I was the first female member of my FFA chapter but no longer live on a farm. At the time I was clueless how ground-breaking it was, nor the fact that I was in the national convention band.

6. I still haven't figured out how to play my guitar. I have tried to sell it but so far no takers and I don't know what that could mean. Maybe I'll figure it out someday.

7. I used to sew all my clothes but no longer have the time. I used to love not looking like everybody on the street but other uses of my time have taken a higher number.

Okay, that wasn't too weird or too painful. However, I feel disinclined to tag anyone since so many have recently been tagged for one meme or another. But if you want to participate consider yourself tagged and post accordingly; and include a link to this post.

3 comments:

Sylvia c. said...

Hey Deb,

I am glad you stepped outside of your box for a random bit of facts...I really enjoyed reading them.

I think laundry gives way to much creativity! When my mind is relaxed (but still a little busy), I have so many great thoughts.

For example, rinsing the shampoo out of hair in the shower tonight, I had two really super ideas come to me.

Well, to each their own!
;)

Thanks again!

Sylvia C.

AuthorMomWithDogs said...

Deb, I taught both my stepsons how to drive a stick shift. I definitely rose a few notches in their estimation after that! LOL!

I agree, I think most people take some time to gain trust. It's a worthy pursuit though, I think -- winning someone's trust.

G's Cottage said...

The world too often demands that we introverts get with the relationship program; and it just does not work that way.