Friday, September 14, 2007

Setting Goals: an update

Late in May I noted a few things I wanted to do before the end of the year. This seemed like a good time to check up and see if I am making any progress.

-“Make the column a success…” Okay that was way too general as a quantifiable goal; nonetheless it has been going really well. I have always found enough content and have not needed to resort to “calendar of events” to fill my quota. The best part is all the interesting people and events I get to stick my nose into with all legitimacy.

-“Find another job closer to home…” How much closer can you get than working from home?

-“Make some improvements in my blog…” I did change out the template and color scheme. I am alluding to a theme but haven’t actually designed one. I am still working on the niche thing so refining content is hard to do without a foundation. I did make a concerted effort for several weeks to post every day; however with the column that isn’t always practical. I still have a couple of organizational tools that I want to install soon.

-“Take our granddaughter on a train ride…” We did that last week and it was a blast.

“Bike in segments totaling 200 miles…” We have been biking but unless the weather holds for an extended few weeks we will likely miss the target mileage. We are thinking about setting the bikes up in the basement for stationery riding. Maybe we can start the season earlier next year.

-“Camp on vacation…” This did not happen this year because we never had the schedules to make it work. It’s a long boring story.

-“Phoenix…” This is still on the list. Going in the summer is not an option anyway so the schedule issues didn’t matter. Once the academic term ends at Thanksgiving it might be possible. Of course that would mean looking for tickets now since I don’t see us driving to Arizona.

So I haven’t been doing so badly afterall.

5 comments:

Shelby said...

awwwwwww lists... you haven't done badly at all.. take care and happy Saturday today :)

Pieces of Me said...

Hey, Deb,
That's a good idea - having a goal check twice a year! I probably should have done it for the Jewish New Year, but I was feeling too new. Glad to hear you're making progress.
Have a good week.
Dorit

chelle said...

It is a great idea to look at goals more often! I only made one goal this year :) I really am holding out for news then I will have a ton :)

I look forward to reading more!

Scribbit said...

I think that's pretty darn good progress. And the year isn't even over yet.

Sylvia C. said...

WaY To Go! DeB!

You could even rephrase it more positively:
"I've done quite well!"

Keep at it.

:)

Sylvia C.