Friday, December 7, 2007

Poll: Faith and Marketing

It’s time for a poll since I haven’t done one for a while and this lends itself to the format. I will leave this up for a week in the sidebar. You do not have to sign-in to vote (at least I don’t plan for you to need to sign in to vote). Please respond because I do want to know what you think about this issue.

The issue is the end of the year sales and marketing promotions.

The question is: What do you think about whether or not retailers use the term Christmas?

_ 1) I only shop at retailers who promote Christmas because that is the reason we give gifts in the first place.

_ 2) I pay no attention to whether retailers use the term Christmas because in the marketplace it is largely a sales tool and has nothing to do with faith.

_ 3) I refuse to shop at retailers who promote Christmas because I do not want to support their religious views.

Edited: The button poll is in the sidebar. Sorry it's a Blogger thing.

The poll has closed. An update has been posted.


Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Jon said...

I vote "1" not so much because of Christmas but because of the spirit of the holidays... it's fun to be part of the excitement. Commercialization of the season is a bit over board but...

Regarding your "polls"... check out this web site I found a few weeks ago... it pretty good at creating polls for your blog for free.

polldaddy.com