Friday, October 31, 2008

NaNo: the final countdown

We're down to the last few hours before the 2008 edition of National Novel Writing Month begins. Are you sitting on the fence? Are you thinking about giving it a try this year?

My only recommendation is if you think you'd like to do it, then decide to do it. If you are waiting until you figure out how to do it, you will probably never do it. On this side you can't figure that out, it comes to you as you go. I thought that was baloney when I heard it too. But really, that's the way it works.

So I hope to see some of you over on the forums and posting your own NaNo progress on your blogs this month.

Cheers all! Let the noveling begin.

3 comments:

chelle said...

Next year I am so in ... moving in November always moving!!!

Melissa Donovan said...

I agree - anyone who's not sure should give it a try. I wanted to do NaNo last year but I knew that I didn't have the time. I signed up anyway and even though I didn't finish (didn't even come close), I felt good about testing the waters.

G's Cottage said...

@chelle - getting into your own home before Christmas is infinitely more important this year. You're excused and you don't need a "parent note."

@Melissa - I used to instantly get stuck on the hows and little by little I jump into the do (if it's important and writing is uber-important) and let the process teach me how.