Thursday, October 15, 2009

Reader choice: What do you want to know?

question_markReviewing the past year’s posts I realized I have been sharing a lot of information about me and the things I have been learning as I work through my own transitions. I think that’s fairly normal because one of the ways we learn is by teaching the material to someone else.

The two potential problems that may arise as a result are that you, as the readers, might not have any use for what I am putting out and you might be looking for information that I haven’t yet posted. No one has criticized any of my posts or topics – I think you are all too polite to do that – but the decisions have been mostly one-sided.

I am looking ahead to November and December posting schedules. November is National Novel Writing Month and December has all the end of the year holiday celebrations. These two months have a lot of activity competition so I like to know and have the probable topics outlined in advance.

This is a chance for readers to let me know if there’s a topic that relates to making a life transition that you would like to see a post about. It does not have to be a completely new topic; it could be a tangent to or an extension of a previous post.

I also have several topics that I have been holding for a while that may be of interest as well, and feel free to mention any of these; such as:

- the mid-life first apartment

- choosing and hiring an accountant, or attorney, or estate planner

- finding and talking to a car mechanic and other service providers

- living as a newly single adult

So what would you like to know more about as you move forward in your journey toward a successful transition to the rest of your life? Between now and the end of the month, let me know if there is a particular topic or subject you’ve been hoping to see. Post your topic or query interest in the comments or send them in an email by Oct 31 for this round.

2 comments:

Melissa Donovan said...

I'd really like to hear about your NaNoWriMo progress as you make your way through it, assuming that you are participating this year. I think it's such a great event!

Deb said...

Oh, you want something hard; like the real and scary me. NaNoWriMo will be interesting since I will have to upload from a public computer.