Thursday, December 31, 2009

Turning of the year; or through the door

Tonight is New Year's Eve. For me it is one of the most important turns of the calendar of my life.

This is not just a new year or the outset of a new decade (warning the census is coming) but it is the doorway between my past life and starting in earnest to build my new life. The past year the portal has been sort of two-way to accommodate adjustments to the transition but the time has come to spend increasing time on the new life and eventually allow the door to close for good. It will still be partially in sight because there are windows but my living needs to be in the present.

While I must walk my own path alone I know (and many of you have communicated as much) that I am in a very large company of pilgrims marching boldly toward the future and the lives we will build there. Let us endeavor to hold each other up as we advance in the face of uncertain circumstances.

Thank you to each one who has faithfully shown up to read here even if you have never been brave enough to reply. I am looking forward to seeing all of you in the new year.

Happy New Year to one and all.

Deb

3 comments:

chelle said...

May the new year bring you much much happiness!

Melissa Donovan said...

Deb, you truly inspire me. Thank you.

"Let us endeavor to hold each other up as we advance in the face of uncertain circumstances."

Deb said...

Thank you to both of you.