Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Books, books and more books

It has come to my attention that I am way behind in updating my book lists. I really had no idea I was reading so much; although some books have been for research and not just for reading. It is unusual for me to read so much once the weather starts warming up but I think I am reading faster than I used to. The lists in my sidebar generally only record the books I read and not my resources unless I put them in my special Writer's Bookshelf category.

Most of my reading still tends to be in one of the nonfiction categories like self-help, or the memoir or biography genres. But I have been making a point of including fiction, especially novels but also short stories, to the mix. I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that in the way the intellect needs nonfiction the imagination also needs regular doses of fiction and fancy in order to stretch it's wings and take flight (paraphrased from memory).

Books I am currently reading or just recently finished include:
The Twentieth Wife a novel - Indu Sundaresan
Tribes - Seth Godin
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running a memoir - Haruki Murakami
Committed - Elizabeth Gilbert
A Weekend to Change Your Life by Joan Anderson

It's a fairly diverse collection. Maybe there isn't something for everyone; but still most might find something interesting to check out.

Are you a summer reader? What's on your list?

No comments: